Born in ’92, I’d like to consider myself a true ’90’s kid. In fact, one of my earliest memories is playing Twisted Metal on the original Playstation. There’s no photos but I’ll always have the memory. For everything else I don’t remember, luckily, I do have photos. Some are posed (no different from today’s “cheese!”) but my favorites are always the candid ones where I’m living in the moment.
Nowadays, with a camera being in everyone’s pocket I find a lot of photos being stuck in phones. We’re in a time period where it’s easier than ever to freeze moments and as a documentary photographer, I try to freeze important ones for families, ones they don’t think about until it’s too late. I remember growing up, everybody around me would say “life flashes before your eyes” and I didn’t really believe it until it started happening to me. My 10 year high school reunion is happening in 2020 – when the heck did that happen?!
I personally don’t have children of my own but I know what it was like to be a kid. A lot of my youth is almost synonymous with today’s generation. Like kid’s today, I grew up with video games, internet (even if it was dial-up) and computers play a big part in everybody’s lives. There’s a huge difference between 1992 and 2020 (especially in technology) but at the core, it’s similar so I’m able to better anticipate “Kodak moments” in every day life. My main goal is that I want every kid I capture in the future look back at our sessions and think, “This is exactly what my childhood looked like!”
- Most days I recluse myself in my cave with my boyfriend of seven years, cat, and two dogs.
- I have 5 sisters – I’m the eldest, the youngest being 12.
- I’m a pretty huge nerd/geek. Besides photography, I’m also into UI/UX design and computer hardware. I hope to return to school in 2020 for aerospace engineering.
- I was the kid in high school that spent their entire lunch period in the library reading manga and watching anime – I told you I was a nerd!
- The only sport I’m remotely decent at is tennis.
- If you’re into astrology, I’m a Cancer/Leo cusp.
- I didn’t learn how to ride a bike until I was 10.
- I’m a night owl, I get more work done at 3am.
- I broke my arm when I was in 2nd grade because I was taking too long to play on the monkey bars so some girl pushed me. I know, right?
- Between 2017 and 2019, I’ve taken more than 225,000 photographs.
- I drink iced beverages in the winter, even if it’s 30 degrees or below.
Serving Seattle and surrounding areas including Edmonds, Lynnwood, Shoreline, Kirkland, Bellevue, Redmond, Snohomish, Northgate, Mukilteo, Everett, Ballard, Greenlake, Fremont, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Mercer Island, Bothell, Kenmore, Mountlake Terrace, Mill Creek, Greenwood, Magnolia, and Queen Anne.