My interest in documentary photography came around in 2018 after a year of understanding and tinkering with my first “real” camera. I actually came across it by accident. One session, after tired of having to pose and instruct a family, I asked them to, “pretend I’m not here and do what you would normally do”. From then on, I carried sessions like that and later realized it was a community and style.
I’m inspired by the Polaroids my parents have of me when I was a kid – I’m just living in the moment, oblivious to everything around me. Most photos I have no memory of but every photo has a story and that’s what I try and capture for other families. Most families have plenty of posed snapshots, especially with a camera in everybody’s pockets at all times, but where are the natural shots? I hope to create a gallery of photos you would be proud to put on your wall that don’t involve frolicking in random fields.
- I have 3 pets – 2 dogs and a cat named Samwise (yes, that one), Pirelli, and Orion.
- I have 5 sisters – I’m the eldest.
- I’m a pretty huge nerd/geek. Besides photography, I’m also into UI/UX design and computer hardware.
- I was the kid in high school that spent their whole lunch period in the library reading manga and watching anime – I told you I was a nerd!
- The only sport I’m good at is tennis.
- If you’re into astrology, I’m a Cancer/Leo cusp.
- I didn’t learn how to ride a bike until I was 10.
- I’m a night owl, I get more work done at 3am.
- I broke my arm when I was in 2nd grade because I was taking too long to play on the monkey bars so some girl pushed me. I know, right?
- Between 2017 and 2019, I’ve taken more than 125,000 photographs.
Serving Seattle and surrounding areas including Edmonds, Lynnwood, Shoreline, Kirkland, Bellevue, Redmond, Snohomish, Northgate, Mukilteo, Everett, Ballard, Greenlake, Fremont, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Mercer Island, Bothell, Kenmore, Mountlake Terrace, Mill Creek, Greenwood, Magnolia, and Queen Anne.