My interest in documentary photography came around in 2018 after a year of understanding and tinkering with my first “real” camera. I actually came across it by accident. One session, after tired of having to pose and instruct a family, I asked them to, “pretend I’m not here and do what you would normally do”. From then on, I carried sessions like that and later realized it was a community and style.
I’m inspired by the Polaroids my parents have of me when I was a kid – I’m just living in the moment, oblivious to everything around me. Most photos I have no memory of but every photo has a story and that’s what I try and capture for other families. Most families have plenty of posed snapshots, especially with a camera in everybody’s pockets at all times, but where are the natural shots? I hope to create a gallery of photos you would be proud to put on your wall that don’t involve frolicking in random fields.
1. I have 3 pets – 2 dogs and a cat named Samwise (yes, that one), Pirelli, and Orion.
2. I have 5 sisters – I’m the eldest.
3. I’m a pretty huge nerd/geek. Besides photography, I’m also into UI/UX design and computer hardware.
4. I was the kid in high school that spent their whole lunch period in the library reading manga and watching anime – I told you I was a nerd!
5. The only sport I’m good at is tennis.
6. If you’re into astrology, I’m a Cancer/Leo cusp.
7. I didn’t learn how to ride a bike until I was 10.
8. I’m a night owl, I get more work done at 3am.
9. I broke my arm when I was in 2nd grade because I was taking too long to play on the monkey bars so some girl pushed me. I know, right?
10. Between 2017 and 2019, I’ve taken more than 125,000 photographs.